2 c Milk, scalded with
1/2 c Shortening
2 Cakes of yeast, dissolved
In warm water
8 c Flour
1 tb Salt
1/2 c Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 c Squash, sieved
1. Scald milk with shortening and cool to lukewarm.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
3. Sift flour, sugar, and salt together.
4. Add warm milk, yeast, egg and squash to flour and mix well.
5. Set in warm place to rise double in size.
6. Cut down and let rise again.
7. Knead and form into biscuits and let rise double.
8. Bake 30 minutes at 350d
Makes 4 dozen rolls - golden, light, and tasty.