1 pk Active dry yeast
1 tb Sugar
2 tb Warm water
2 c All-purp flour
1 ts EACH baking powder and salt
2 tb Butter
2/3 c Buttermilk
Oven Temp: 425 F.
Origin :The Complete Book of Canning
1. In small bowl combine yeast, sugar, and water; let stand until
bubbly, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in butter to make a fine crumb.
3. Beat in yeast mixture and buttermilk to make a moderately stiff
dough. (Add more flour if necessary.)
4. Knead dough lightly for a few seconds on floured board.
5. Pat out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a 2-inch floured
6. Arrange biscuits in a greased baking pan so they barely touch each
other; prick tops with a fork.
7. Let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30-40 minutes).
8. Bake at 425 F. for 10-15 minutes or until golden. While biscuits
are hot from the oven, rub tops with additional butter.
Yields 10 to 12 biscuits.
From: Jo Screen Date: 08-27