1 tb Vegetable oil
2 md Onions, chopped (300g)
3 Garlic cloves, crushed
2 ts Ginger, freshly grated
2 tb Curry paste
1 lg Carrot (180g) chopped
1 Cinammon stick
1 c Red lentils (200g) rinsed
2 md Potatoes (400g) chopped
1 1/4 l Chicken stock (5 cups)
2 Chicken breasts(340g)chopped
3/4 c Coconut milk (180ml)
2 tb Lelmon juice
2 tb Fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat oil in large pan, add onions, garlic, giner and paste.
: Cook, stirring, until onions are soft
2. Add carrot, cinnamon stick, lentils, potatoes and stock.
3. Simmer, covered about 30 minutes or until potatoes are
: tender. Discard cinnamon stick
4. Process half the lentil mixture until smooth, then return
: to pan with the remaining lentil mixture and the
: remaining ingredients.
5. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender.
Suitable to freeze without coconut milk. Not suitble to microwave
Source : Australian Womens Weekly - June 1996
Shared : by Mandy Carbery of Worongary on 18th June 1996