4 lb Chicken Pieces
3 tb Butter Or Margarine
3 md Onions -- Sliced
3 Carrots -- Sliced
1/2 c Dry Sherry
1 1/4 c Chicken Stock
1 1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
1/2 ts Saffron
1 Bay Leaf
3 Potatoes -- Cubed
1 Egg Yolk
1 c Cream
1. Melt the butter or margarine in a flame-proof casserole dish. Brown
chicken pieces. Remove.
2. Saute onions and carrots in remaining butter or margarine. Return
the chicken and add the sherry, chicken stock, salt, pepper, saffron
and bay leaf.
3. Cover and bake in a 350 F oven for 1/2 hour.
4. Add the potatoes, recover and cook for another 1/2 hour or until
potaotes and chicken are tender.
5. Beat the egg yolk and stir in the cream. Add a little of the pan
juices, stirring constantly. Pour over the chicken, reheat in the
oven for 5 mins and serve immediately.
Serves 6 - 8.